The Ford Tri-Motor has served for over 40 years, first with major US airlines, and then to a succession of operators throughout the world. The design began with Stout Metal Co., which was purchased by Ford in 1925. The two major variants were the 4-AT (78 built), with 3 Wright Whirlwind J4, J5, or J6 radials; and the 5-AT, with an enlarged cabin and wing, seating 13 passengers. This variant had 3 P&W Wasp radial engines, and 117 were built. Development ended in 1932 with the 14-A model, but several are still in service today in a variety of roles.
FSAviator's FS2004 Flight Dynamics Update available for the FS2004 default Trimotor!